Tansfer to Any Bank Account [GhIPPS]
Direct cash to account transfer to Ghana and Gambia are supported. For Ghana we use the GhIPPS payment system to facilitate the transfer. For Gambia all transfers are processed via Ecobank. Processing takes place instantly.
UMS also facilitates cash to account transfers to countries in the EU that participate in the SEPA agreement.
HOW TO TRANSFER YOUR MONEY
- An existing customer is required to provide his/her name and a valid photo ID, and the full name of the beneficiary on his/her photo ID and the amount to be transferred.
- A new individual customer is required to provide a valid photo ID and proof of address for registration prior to the transaction. We may also ask for a proof of income. For business customers, we will also require a copy of the registration at the Chamber of Commerce.
- For every transaction we need a written statement or document that links the beneficiary to the account number provided. This can for example be an invoice or an acceptgiro.
- The customer makes the payment to complete the transaction.
- Following completion of the transaction, the sender receives formal receipt for the transaction which contains, among others, the transaction code for onward transmission to the recipient in the destination country. At the same time, the transaction code is sms generated and sent to the phone number provided by the sender.
- With the transaction code and valid photo ID, the recipient can instantly pick up the money at any one of the well over 300 payment destinations in Ghana and Gambia.